Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Night on the Lake


A Daily painting.
Nathan Fowkes chose a painting of mine to be included in the online science fiction magazine 'Tor'. An issue devoted to images of spring. There are some knock out artworks, take a look. The dusky forest painted by Thomas Millie Dow, a 19th century Scottish painter, just humbles me. Also included is John Twachtman`s "Arques-la-Bataille", maybe my favorite painting in existence. When I stumbled upon it in the Met on my first visit to New York I was speechless. Thank you Nathan for the honor!


watermedia on paper 5"x5"

Available Work

5 comments:

Maureen said...

That's a wonderful issue; 'knock-outs' is right.

Really like the moodiness of 'Night on the Lake'; and, oh that red!

RH Carpenter said...

Congratulations for being chosen for this issue!!!

Ruth Armitage said...

Beautiful painting... and I really enjoyed the Tor series on spring. Yours was my favorite, along with Twachtman!

Melody Cleary said...

Wow! Congratulations!! I see what you mean about that forest painting - also I love the one by Abbott Handerson Thayer near the top. All are stupendous!!

Lorna Cahall said...

I think this is wonderful- so full of interest and mystery... and congrats on being in the issue of Tor.