Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring Orchard New Mexico

I`m surrounded by less than successful new work so here is my take on spring in Chimayo New Mexico from 25 years ago. At that high elevation, everyone is so ready for some warmth and something green.
I painted at Bosky Dell Natives today with my friend Ruth. She got a gem and I did a dud. Oh well, the day was sparkling and sitting along the creek in deep conversation was what I really needed.
Her recent post about the 'career' of an artist is worth reading.

5 comments:

Ruth Armitage said...

Thanks for sharing a lovely afternoon! And thanks for the shout out on my blog post... You have become a dear friend!

RH Carpenter said...

OMG, this is gorgeous! Well, I hate to say it, but for us mere mortals, we do gain some sense of adequacy when someone like you says they have painted a dud - I can't imagine you doing it but I guess you do, once in a while. This one, however, is stunning and makes me want to weep - not from sadness but from envy!!

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

SO beautiful. Thanks for sharing an oldie!

laura said...

Really gorgeous--the colors; you've captured the atmosphere, I mean the actual feel of the air! Last year I stayed in Chimayo for about 10 days ...can't wait to go back!

Robin@TheNatureCoast said...

What Laura said, the painting is alive with atmosphere. And Chimayo, it's an inspired place.