Thursday, January 6, 2011

Velarde


Since hanging my show the other day, a new project and family matters have kept me busy.
This watercolor was painted here in the Northwest[mid-90`s] but it`s clearly someplace else. Velarde is a small farming community along the Rio Grande north of Espanola. The patterns of agriculture adjacent to truly awesome geology, was a favorite subject of mine in those years I lived there. Yet, just as I did some of my best seascapes in the high desert, once I moved here, that landscape came with me.

4 comments:

SamArtDog said...

I like all the texture in this watercolor. Tiny agriculture at the foot of grand geology kind of puts us in our place, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

Your perspective on nature is truly unique. I quite enjoy seeing it through your eyes -very beautiful!

RH Carpenter said...

Such a warm palette but still the same lyrical painting style - this is gorgeous. I could look at it and study it for a long time.

kate said...

Zowie! What is the support for this watercolor? Those colors just zing!k