Sunday, April 7, 2013

Minto Brown March 2 - Reed Canyon Spring

Two different moods seven years apart. The Minto Brown stuff is ongoing, and the somberness of those wetlands is the thing that attracts me.
In my former neighborhood, I often went to the Reed College campus to hang out in the improbable canyon which cuts right across the school. Crystal Springs originates here and it`s the last free flowing spring in Portland. The place was an oasis for me and many paintings resulted from my visits.
I sold the painting to a senior woman who drove out from Boise ID, alone, to buy it in between kidney dialysis appointments.  It was a humbling compliment.
oil on paper 16"x12"
oil on canvas 48"x36"


available work

1 comment:

Sarah Bachhuber Peroutka said...

Your work is awesome. It touches my spirit.