Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Demo - PDXOS

                                              Wind Through the Trees oil on canvas 24x24


 This was the demo I was working on last weekend during the first part of the Portland Open Studios Tour. There`s a whole lot of color going on that I may have to tamp down. Below is a view of part of the studio. Note how tidy and clean, that won`t last long.





 Here is some other work on view this final weekend of the tour;


                                                Shallow Spring oil on prepared paper 24x18


                                                Brush Creek Ranch oil on canvas 40x54


                                                Feuchtwinterwald watermedia on paper 14.5x9


                                                        Poppies watercolor on Yupo 26x20


                                                 Late Summer Stream oil on canvas 36x36


                                             Tangerines and Tulips watermedia on paper 24x18


                                                       November Dusk oil on canvas 20x20


                                                               Riverlight 2 oil on canvas 20x20


                                        Downstream Tahquitz watermedia on Yupo 26x20


#8 - Randall David Tipton
5373 Lakeview Blvd
Lake Oswego OR 97035
[close to I-5]
503-380-4731

work for sale in my studio

2 comments:

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Randall,
Great work and WOW! What a clean studio! Must be a pain cleaning it all up for guests. I wonder how many of your visitors were secretly hoping to see something more along the lines of Francis Bacon's? Now THAT, was (dare I say it?) an unbelievable mess.
Once again, it's so much fun to see your paintings in a context. It makes them so much more real, in every sense--especially size.
Enjoy round-2 of the event!
Sincerely,
Gary.

Libby Fife said...

I don't think I have seen the Brush Creek Ranch piece before-that's my favorite out of the pics-but I like the Late Summer Stream piece as well. They all remind me of creeks that I have seen and they evoke the feelings I get when standing in those spots. There is just something mysterious and special that you manage to capture on a consistent basis.

Hope the tour is going well.
Libby