Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Blog Birthday!


A year ago I began this blog to document a benefit exhibition I was involved in; 31 paintings in 31 days, @$31. Because it was fun, I kept it up. I`ve always noticed in looking through old sketchbooks, that the drawings instantly recalled my psychological state at the time. I`m hoping 20 years from now, this blog will have the same effect.
I`ve been asked by the Friends of Tryon Creek State Park to participate in a one night show, Art in the Forest, this August 15. This is a benefit to support their worthy efforts. This summer is free of commitments, the park is rife with the wet, moody subject matter I`m obsessed with, so why not.

3 comments:

Suzanne McDermott said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on upcoming exhibits. REALLY love these dark works. More, please!

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say congrats and that all of your artwork is beautiful.

doreyme said...

Happy Birthday blog + many more. Me too, I like the dark works. They're so rich you can smell the forest...
Beautiful!
Edith