Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rain in the Orchard


I was distracted and felt stuck which is mostly rare. So I began looking through the thousands of images of other painter`s work I`ve collected on my hard drive. I`ve recently re-discovered George Inness and have looked closely at what he did. They are so romantic as to be sentimental at times, but I ignore the human narrative and just drink in the atmosphere. That man spent considerable time outdoors! HE is the master of light!
I did this in his spirit as I figure out what`s next.

2 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

lovely orchard...thanks for the link to George...I never really took the time to look at his work...whew...I am glad I did now....what sklines and glow....amazing. That is enough inspiration for one morning ...more than that and I a liable to start throwing paint on my walls.........have a great day!

tai said...

Beautiful!