Saturday, September 27, 2014

Winter Forests - Deep Southwest PDX studios

                                              Iron Mt. Madrone oil on Yupo 19x15"

                                                 Marsh Winter oil on Yupo 12x12"

With a hundred or so people likely to be coming through my studio, I`ve had a real incentive to complete work that was abandoned. I knew they had possibility but I was sick of them. I have ripped in two many frustrated efforts, but Yupo being plastic, destruction requires scissors. That extra level of intention spared these. I like them now.
Visitors willing to drive to south Portland/north Clackamas for the studio tour will find an interesting variety of work.  Check out my local comrades;

Theresa Andreas O`Leary
Kitty Wallis [the founder of the tour]
Beth Yazhari
Carolyn Hazel Drake
Harold Oxley
Sara Swink
Francine Deering

Portland Open Studios Oct. 11,12 and 18,19. Please come visit!
I will be demonstrating watermedia on Yupo each day at noon.
After the tour, I will continue having demonstrations in my studio on the second Sat. of each month. 10 am.

some work for sale in my studio

5 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Best of luck with the the studio tour! I know people will be delighted and amazed when they see your work.

E.M. Corsa said...

Hoping your studio tour is all that you want it to be. I'll be there in spirit, hoping to magically get some Yupo tips though the air waves!

John O'Grady Paintings said...

Hello Randall,

These are delightful, thankfully they were spared.
You have the ability in your work to engage with my other senses apart from the visual. Touch, smell, sound, are here in abundance.

Randall David Tipton said...

Thanks John, my intent is to paint experience, not reality.

Jo Reimer said...

Both pieces are lovely, Randall. Iron Mt. Madrone takes my breath away with the impact of the shafts of light through the trees hitting that lone tree. Amazing.
I'm hoping you get scads of visitors and buyers for your studio openings. I'll be there on the 11th and will see you at my open studio on the 4th.