Thursday, September 18, 2014

Metolius [River]

                                                   watercolor on Yupo 26x20"

When I saw this river last week, its lush aquatic nature was in stark contrast to the bone dry, flammable-at-any-moment Ponderosa Pine forest it flowed through. This morning it has begun to rain, very gently. May it continue.

                                       Over the Sea 16 watercolor on paper 12x12"

The cure for anything is saltwater - sweat, tears or the sea.
                                                                                  _ Isak Dinesen


available work for sale in my studio

Portland Open Studios  [mid-Oct.]
studio address;
5373 Lakeview Blvd.
Lake Oswego OR
97035

2 comments:

E.M. Corsa said...

Oh if only I had extra money I'd be buying that Over the Sea - takes my breath away Randall.

RH Carpenter said...

Both of these are beautiful. Yes, I, too, have fallen in love with the Over the Sea painting - so loose, so wonderfully watercolory!