Friday, October 10, 2014

Night Pollinator + [clean] Open Studio!

                                                   watermedia on paper 9x9"

I`m ready for my close up.
I even had time for this drawing and being born a painter, I could not just let it be dry graphite. No, soon I had watercolors involved. Then ink. Which brings me to something I discovered years ago in life drawing groups. If I used a pencil which erased, I made many corrections. If I drew with a brush dipped in ink, I did not need to. There`s a life lesson there but don`t ask me what it is.

                                                                      Before








                                                                         After


Not really!! The top photo is of the late Francis Bacon`s famously chaotic workspace. An artist friend of mine once rudely commented that mine looked similar! Not any more!
I read that a museum has preserved Mr. Bacon`s studio just as it was when the painter was alive!

Go visit an artist this weekend. It`s so lonely in the studio, we need to talk!
Portland Open Studios Oct. 11, 12 and 18, 19 10 to 5 pm. Demonstration each day at noon in my studio.

Randall David Tipton
5373 Lakeview Blvd
Lake Oswego OR 97035

work for sale

7 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Thank goodness you added that disclaimer about the studio! I nearly fell out of my chair!

Good luck this weekend. The drawing is wonderful too-just can't leave well enough alone, I know:):):)

Jo Reimer said...

It's looking good over at your house. And to think you did all this with an ailing back. I hope you're better. Jill and I will be there around noon.

Maureen said...

Hope many show up at your studio and buy buy buy!

Have a great weekend!

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Randall,
Funny, but before scrolling down, I looked at "your" studio and thought how much it reminded me of Bacon's. No kidding! It's been a long time since I looked at my book about him, so I didn't recognize the gag. And a great gag it was!
Enjoy the open studio and congratulations on the clean-up!
Sincerely,
Gary.

Colours by sheri said...

Love it!...Too funny. Your studio looks great, one day I will make it out to you open studio. Enjoy!

Ruth Armitage said...

Have a wonderful weekend with lots of good conversation & sales!

Micros said...

RDT. . .

Night pollinator. So simple and inviting.

Your place looks very similar to my space. Asianesque rug, tables, 27"iMac, chairs. . .etc. Then I think of Matisse and his many rugs and how he employed them in his paintings. I suppose the style at the time.

How is Oregon this time of year?

Have fun. . .

M