Friday, April 2, 2010

The Cliff Joins the Water



With the distractions and my short attention span, I surprised myself with this. We were walking along a creek in our new town, the water was low and the new growth was busting out on everything. We came upon a little 'amphitheater' with a sliding waterfall, huge boulders, sloping cliffs and still, clear water. Growing up in Southern California, I would have hiked for hours to see such a thing.
Part Two of the interview with Maureen Doallas has been posted on her blog, Writing Without Paper. Thanks Maureen!

7 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh, this is beautiful indeed! Spring greens and still blues. I feel as though I could reach my hand in and stream it through cool water and just smell new growth. I like the idea of cliff "joining" water. You bring the two into focus so well.

Maureen said...

I should say also, you achieve wonderful perspective of depth in this. I can "see" both straight on and as if looking down from above.

jennifer woodburn said...

Wow - this one is gorgeous.

SamArtDog said...

I was just about to comment about how incredibly dimensional this is, or more likely, some smartass remark about your fourth dimension. Maureen beat me to it, but she's so much more gracious. Would that I could...

Cynthia said...

yeah, Maureen beat us all to it but she nailed it....wow....I felt like I could fall in and never find my way out! Sam the "artdog"...cracks me up with his comments.
Just a wonderful moving piece of work....off to read the second part of the interview.
Have a Happy Easter!

M said...

I love the green blue palette. It conjures up spring like no other combination.

Jala Pfaff said...

And here I'm seeing a big blue head on the right, face in profile.