Thursday, March 10, 2011

Johnson Creek Series #3


I hope to complete another big painting within the week. I`m feeling more comfortable with these big canvases and have adjusted the studio to accommodate them. However, for the first time in years I`m using an easel. The big ones are just too wide to reach across when painted flat on a table like I prefer. It usually takes me awhile to remember to get out some oversize brushes too, often house painter brushes.
Meanwhile, here is one of a series I did shortly after moving into my last home. That neighborhood was seriously lacking trees and shade and I visited a nearby tiny nature preserve for refuge in the summer. The modest yet beautiful Johnson Creek winds through the park and inspired this group of paintings.

3 comments:

kingfisher said...

Ooh, I like the vivid colors. Glad you found a "treeish" refuge to take the place of not having trees at your house!

Janet Bludau Fine Art said...

This is beautiful. I love the color and especially the water. My daughter goes to school in Oregon and I have been loving my times in your state. It truly offers some wonderful creating opportunities!

Jala Pfaff said...

Color is so great here.