Sunday, February 24, 2013

Above the Canal

I`ve probably done less than a dozen commissions my whole life and this is one of them. More often than not, the client naturally feels like a collaborator. I find that too difficult, so rarely do them. The only request with this piece was to try to get close to a study I did last summer. I knew I could do it and I wanted to work with that palette again. The color seemed odd at the time but worth returning to.
I saw this marvelous and huge painting at the Hawaiian Airlines terminal in Honolulu. It was painted by the late John Wisnosky. This feels like Hawaii to me. I don`t post other people`s work generally but I want to help keep his memory alive. There are three other massive paintings in the terminal by Wisnosky just as good.

Website is updated! As usual, Jeremy did a wonderful job. Let me say it again, if any painter needs a website, Jeremy and his co-designer Anneliese are friendly, professional and really affordable. Their email addresses are in the sidebar.

oil on canvas 20"x16"


available work


No comments: