Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Flood Stage 1

 Just like it sounds, a study is usually a 'practice' for a larger painting. Theoretically, this is why I do them. Often, I lose the impulse after painting the smaller piece and the big one never gets painted. Here I did it. This is based on a 6x6 panel I did last December.
 I will be teaching a workshop in Landscape Painting from Plein Air Drawings, as part of the Create Eugene extravaganza Aug. 31. The cost is $100 and if you`re interested, please contact The Gallery at the Watershed. In the workshop I`ll harangue everyone, including myself, about the importance of drawing to painting.
 The Gallery at the Watershed has been open since April but the grand opening is June 1, 4-8 pm. Please come by if you are able. The owner, Amy Isler Gibson, is herself a work of art and her passion for painting is infectious. I`m so happy to have her representing my work!
oil on canvas 24"x24"


available work

2 comments:

Lorna Cahall said...

This is just amazing. I love the red leaves, especially how one comes on this side of the tree, And the greens...oh yes!

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Randall,
Congratulations! I have a feeling you'll be the star of the gallery and probably already are.
Keep up the good work and sharing your experience and knowledge. Giving back is ultimately, the greatest thing an artist can do.
Sincerely,
Gary.