Monday, March 31, 2014

Over the Sea 26 - class demo

                                                         watermedia on Yupo 20x26

This was my demostration painting from this morning at the Newport Visual Arts Center. I was invited to paint for the Yaquina Art Association members. The site is stunning, perched on a bluff right above the ocean. The classroom has huge windows overlooking Nye Beach and the sea beyond. As I proceeded and explained my methods and intentions, I only had to glance up and out for inspiration. You can see the seascape outside, in the photos below. I had a special visitors too. Joan Corley  and her brother in law Frank Issac drove down from the Hood Canal in Washington to watch! An effort like that means a whole lot to me, I feel like I`m communicating.
Also, I`m working out details to teach a two day workshop in Lincoln City this summer at the Art Center, early July maybe.










available work in my studio


3 comments:

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Love it. Wish I could take a workshop. Could you doa DVD of Oil on Yupo?
Maybe a series of slides. Anything would be great from you.
Sue

Libby Fife said...

Those windows! That view:) I live inland and miss the water like that.

Gorgeous results on the Yupo. I have some and have tried it but would like to try again. I just knew there was some tilting involved too with that paper:)

Maureen said...

Looks like the demo was well-attended.

Inspirational view for sure. And a beautiful seascape once again.