Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Northwest Winter Rainforest

                                                         watermedia on Yupo 20x15.5"

I`m practicing my watermedia techniques on Yupo [plastic paper] before I try to teach them later this month. They are sometimes so complicated I wonder why bother? Well it`s for the versatility, to be able to keep going until something good happens. When I demonstrated last spring, everyone wanted to know exactly why I was doing what I was doing. That actually surprised me because I thought it was obvious nothing had sparked yet. What I do is try many little experiments until I`m excited, even if temporarily. So as I`m painting these days I`m trying to verbalize in my mind all of my many decisions. Which is completely unnatural! A workshop participant has a rightful claim on any information the instructor has so I am trying to make the intuitive conscious and deliberate.


work for sale in my studio

No comments: