Thursday, April 3, 2014

Estuary Overlook - Goodbye Sitka!

                                                                 oil on panel 20x20

Tomorrow I leave. What a dreamy intense time it`s been. These things are not vacations. With everything set up to assist you in your work, the artist is faced with himself. It`s somewhat daunting because the institution has said in effect they believe in you. You want to do right by that faith as well as explore your imagination and express your vision.
I took my last hike out onto Cascade Head yesterday and took a few photos including my first selfies! I was here! On the trail I startled a herd of elk. This inattention to their surroundings is how they end up tasty elk burgers.





some available work

3 comments:

Gary L. Everest said...

Hey Randall,
Sorry it has to end for you, but what a tremendous ride. Like me, I'm sure the rest of your followers have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the works resulting from your stay.
Thanks, as always, for sharing the experience and your technical expertise, as well.
Have a nice weekend at home!
Sincerely,
Gary.

Sarah Bachhuber Peroutka said...

I'm glad you were able to participate at Sitka again, and very cool that John was able visit you this time. I liked your posts about your residency experience. The estuary photo with this post is such a great composition! Hope to see it become a painting. Welcome home!

Creatively yours Fi said...

Hi Randall, I've recently discovered your work. I love your paintings So rich and gorgeous. I also enjoyed your reflection on the "artist being faced with themselves" during your residency. I hope to share your quote and website in my next blog post, thanks for your inspiration, Fi